With spring finally upon us, it’s easy for people to get lost in the euphoria of warming temperatures and the foresight of blooming flowers.  However, it is important to remember that this time of year is also associated with heavy rainfall. And with the likelihood of heavy rainfall, homeowner and property owners should be extra cautious of the possibility that water damages to their property could be looming. If water damages are left untreated, they can lead to a serious issue in your home—mold growth. Mold thrives in warm, moisture rich areas. Therefore if your home experiences or has experienced any water damage, it is imperative that you take action, fast.

Growth of Mold at Home


  • Pay attention to musty smells
  • Shades of blue, green, black, brown, white, red, or orange are normal
  • Allergies or respiratory problems may become apparent or worsen


  • Mold can be hidden in many unrevealing places
  • Check floors, foundation, walls…
  • DO NOT pull back wallpaper, carpets, or pads that may have areas of mold growth underneath. This can release thousands of spores. Hire a professional!


  • If water is cleaned and completely dried up within 24-48hrs, mold should not grow.
    • CALL US today, 1-877-559-7876
  • Run a dehumidifier
  • Get rid of water/dry off affected area
  • Set up a containment area
  • HEPA vacuum affected area
  • Treat area with antimicrobial
    • Disinfectants will kill molds, but they DO NOT prevent re-growth
    • Always clean with non-phosphate detergents (phosphate residue=food for mold)
  • Paint with a sealant type paint that is mold resistant

Damage from Mold


Sickness from Mold

  • Exposure to mold can trigger allergies, asthma attacks, and respiratory problems, or worsen preexisting conditions.
  • Young children and elderly people are the most vulnerable
  • Long-term exposure is unhealthy                                    

Have any other advice or questions on how to discover or treat mold growth? Comment below!