Reminding yourself of the obvious, and not-so-obvious, ways a fire can spark is one of the best prevention methods. Many of us had fire safety classes long ago in school, but as the years go on, it’s easy to forget that even something as simple as heating your home can be risky if you’re not careful.
Triage Restoration is a fire damage remediation company serving Greater Philadelphia, South Jersey and Delaware that’s been providing emergency fire and smoke restoration services for residential and commercial properties for years.
House fires are the third most common cause of accidental deaths at home. That’s why Triage Restoration, a trusted fire damage cleanup company, is the perfect resource to learn on how to stay safe.
- Stove-top cooking is the leading cause of house fires. Often, fires occur when people put something on the stove, get distracted, and forget about it. Keep an eye on your hot cookware at all times and turn off the stove, even if you’re just stepping away for a moment.
- Smoking is the leading cause of death from house fires. All it takes is one burning cigarette coming into contact with a flammable surface, such as a couch, for disaster to strike. The best solution is just to keep smoking outside.
- Heating becomes a big concern in the winter when people bring out space heaters but don’t give them enough space. If you’re using a heating device, provide at least 3 feet of free space around it in all directions.
- Open flames and candles are common sources of house fires. Be sure to keep candles lit only for short periods of time and never leave them unattended. Consider switching to battery-operated candles as a safer option.
- Faulty electrical, frayed wires or deteriorating cords can spark a blaze within your walls. Have a professional check-up on your electrical systems regularly to avoid disaster.
Fire and Smoke Damage Remediation is Triage’s Specialty
It’s certainly important to make fire safety rules second nature, but there are times when accidents still may happen. If disaster strikes, Triage Restoration will be right by your side.
Triage is the Philadelphia fire damage restoration company whose certified technicians work quickly and effectively to restore your home to the best of their ability. Our fire emergency restoration services are offered 24/7, 365 days a year. Don’t wait, call us today at 215-399-9590 and be on your way to getting your life and space back to pre-loss condition.