If excess water is not properly removed from a space, mold, mildew, and fungus are likely to grow there. Just the thought of this could send a homeowner into a panic, but mold is actually quite common and, in many cases, easily fixable. With our extensive experience clearing out mold from residential and commercial properties, we have some facts to set you straight.
Triage Restoration is a top-rated water and mold damage remediation company in Morton, PA serving the Greater Philadelphia Region, South Jersey, and parts of Delaware. Our certified mold technicians are trained to work quickly and effectively to “triage” your home back to health after any kind of mold disaster.
There’s quite a bit of misinformation out there, so here are some dispelled myths we polled from our mold remediation experts at Triage Restoration:
- Myth #1 – All mold is bad – This is a BIG myth! Did you know cheese is a mold? Mold is also used to make certain antibiotics like penicillin. Generally, mold that’s grown outside of your home isn’t something you need to be overly worried about.
- Myth #2 – Mold should never be inside – You want to avoid mold growing in your food, walls, and floors, but natural mold spores are floating in the air all around us. As long as your home is kept clean, these natural spores aren’t too harmful.
- Myth #3 – Bleach kills mold – Bleach can kill certain types of mold on nonporous surfaces, but it’s not clear whether or not it gets rid of all mold, especially mold on porous surfaces like wood.
- Myth #4 – All mold causes health problems – Everyone is affected by mold differently. Mold can contribute to allergic reactions and prolonged exposure is linked to certain illnesses, but it doesn’t affect everyone the same way. Still, if you are worried, you should consult with your doctor and try to avoid mold exposure to be safe.
- Myth #5 – Cleaning up mold is easy – A little bit of mold may be simple to remove, but large infestations should be tackled by a professional. If you try to clean it improperly, the mold could spread and make matters worse.
Have you found mold in your home?
Then it’s time to give Triage Restoration, water and mold remediation experts in the Greater Philadelphia area, a call! At Triage Restoration, we take restoring your home or residential space seriously. That’s why as the trusted company for mold remediation in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware tri-state area we’re on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year.
Our services don’t just end with mold. We also do fire, water, and smoke damage restoration in the Philadelphia Region, South Jersey, and Delaware, too. Give us a call today at 215-399-9590 to get the high-quality emergency restoration services you deserve!