When it comes to mold and smoke, the odds are not always in our favor. As many as 40% of American schools and 25% of homes are infested with mold, and the occupants have no idea.
Understanding the significant dangers of mold and smoke exposure is a great way to combat them and Triage Restoration wants you to know that knowledge of these substances should be your first line of defense.
Triage Restoration is a smoke and mold damage remediation company serving residents and business owners in Greater Philadelphia, South Jersey, and Delaware that has been saving homes since 2009.
6 things you might not know about mold and smoke:
- Mold is more dangerous than you think – In terms of concentration, the toxicity produced by mold can be more dangerous than pesticides or heavy metals.
- Smoke is toxic even after the fire’s out – After the fire has been extinguished, any smoke stains on your walls or furniture could be emitting toxic fumes that are hazardous to your body.
- No one is immune – No matter what your race, gender, age, socioeconomic status or geographic region, no one is impervious to mold or smoke damage.
- Even non-toxic molds present a threat – Not all mold types are toxic, but even the non-deadly kind – like the mold that grows in your shower, called Chaetomium and Mucor – can make you sick. Non-toxic molds are actually more likely to make you sick because they’re more common.
- Mold can cause minor sickness – Evidence shows that mold can cause rashes, headaches, dizziness, nausea, asthma attacks, and allergic reactions.
- Even scarier, mold is possibly linked to serious illness – There isn’t significant evidence to prove or disprove that mold causes major illnesses, but unfortunately there are many cases where mold has been linked to sicknesses far worse than just a headache or itchy nose.
So now you know the risks of not cleaning up properly after a disaster
These issues in your home present issues for you and your family. That’s why you need to call on a trusted mold and smoke damage restoration crew to get it removed immediately. If you don’t know how to spot it, we’ll show you how. Call Triage Restoration today at 215-399-9590 to find out about emergency restoration services and make your home the safe place you deserve to live in.