A few weeks back, we gave you advice on how to safely remove mold and smoke damage. But what if you could prevent mold from growing in your home or business in the first place? Fortunately, there are many simple ways to do so, and our Philadelphia mold removal service would like to present a few of them:
- Seal surfaces to keep moisture out. A highly effective method for preventing mold growth is to apply paint to crevices in your basement. Just be sure to prime the paint with a semi-gloss latex top coat on the walls and floor enamel or epoxy on slabs. Taking these steps will keep water vapor out and make surfaces easier to clean if any mold appears.
- Act quickly to resolve plumbing leaks. If there is a leak in one of your pipes, be sure to have it fixed right away. Otherwise, water from leaks will collect and breed mold.
- Dispose of things you don’t need. Basements and attics are typically used for storage, and they’re also the areas that are most likely to foster mold. In order to prevent mold and mildew growth, our Philadelphia mold removal service suggests getting rid of organic materials, such as clothing, newspapers and scrap wood, that you no longer have a use for.
- Keep areas that collect moisture dry. These areas include the floor under your washing machine, the base of your toilet and the insides of cabinets with sinks.
- Insulate pipes, ducts and other surfaces where water vapor is likely to form. Doing so will limit the amount of moisture that collects and thereby reduce mold growth.
By following these tips, you’ll keep the air at your property safe and fresh and avoid the health issues that can arise from presence of mold in your household or business.
Got Mold? Call Triage Restoration Today
If you’re dealing with a serious mold situation, you can trust our top-rated Philadelphia mold removal service to alleviate it. Whether the mold is growing in your property’s attic, basement or some other location, our professionals will assess the situation and determine the best restoration option.
Interested in hiring our mold removal service in Philadelphia or Delaware County? Call (215) 399-9590 to reach our Philly office or (610) 690-3669 to talk to someone from our Delaware County location. We look forward to helping you banish mold from your property and showing you why we’re the mold removal service Philadelphia relies on!