We all know home fires can be catastrophic. Even so, it’s easy to become complacent, believing we’re safe from disaster since we’ve gone years without incident. But sometimes, it’s that very sense of invincibility that leads to dangerous choices or lapses in preventive practices.
Triage Restoration is a fire damage remediation team in Philadelphia who wants to help you understand the real risks, facts and statistics related to home fires. Since our founding in 2009, Triage Restoration has worked hard to follow our motto of responding compassionately, planning efficiently and restoring your peace of mind after a house fire. Informing our community of very real risks and dangers is one way we feel we can help.
Here are five important facts about fires in the U.S. that we think every homeowner should know:
- Fire Triangle – There are three components necessary for fire to be fire: oxygen, heat and fuel. Take away one and a fire can’t start.
- Fire Deaths – In the U.S., every year an average of over 3,000 people die from fire. Most of the time these fires could have been prevented.
- Kitchen Danger – Kitchens are the #1 places for fires to start. Never leave your hot cooking appliances unattended, and certainly don’t use your oven to heat your home.
- Smoke Alarms –About two-thirds of all fire deaths happen in a home without an operating smoke alarm. Make sure yours is working; it’s a small inconvenience with huge implications should a fire start in your home.
- Smoke Inhalation – This can be more dangerous than the fire itself. Once smoke fills the room, you have no more oxygen left to breath. Many times people die from smoke inhalation before the fire even reaches them.
- Space Heaters – It may not surprise you that the a huge number of home fires are the result of improper space heater usage. When you purchase a space heater, make sure you follow the safety instructions exactly. That means keeping the space heater several feet away from anything flammable, and placing on a floor that is unlikely to catch fire.
The Most Trusted Fire Damage Remediation Crew In Philadelphia
If you need fire damage cleanup in Philadelphia, be sure to call Triage Restoration immediately. We offer a variety of services including cleanup for fire damage, water damage, mold damage and more! You can call us at (215) 399-9590 or email us at email@example.com.