Mold, mildew, fungus, oh my! We all know mold has a bad reputation. Just thinking about mold might send some into a panic.
But mold is actually quite common, and there’s a lot of misinformation out there that could be incorrectly shaping your mold view. So why not get your facts right with Triage Restoration?
Triage Restoration is a top-rated mold damage remediation company in Philadelphia, and we’re here to set the record straight about mold. Our certified technicians are trained to work quickly and effectively to “triage” your home back to health after any kind of mold disaster.
Don’t get us wrong, mold certainly can be dangerous under certain circumstances, but here are five myths about mold debunked by your favorite Philadelphia mold damage remediation crew:
- All mold is bad – Wrong! Did you know cheese is a mold? Mold is also used to make certain antibiotics like penicillin. Generally, mold that’s grown outside of your home isn’t something you need to be overly worried about.
- Mold should never be inside – You want to avoid mold growing in your food, walls and floors, but natural mold spores are floating in the air all around us. As long as your home is kept clean, these natural spores aren’t too harmful.
- Bleach kills mold – Bleach can kill certain types of mold on nonporous surfaces, but it’s not clear whether or not it gets rid of all mold, especially mold on porous surfaces like wood.
- All mold causes health problems – Everyone is affected by mold differently. Mold can contribute to allergic reactions and prolonged exposure is linked to certain illnesses, but it doesn’t affect everyone the same way. Still, if you are worried, you should consult with your doctor and try to avoid mold exposure to be safe.
- Cleaning up mold is easy – A little bit of mold may be simple to remove, but large infestations should be tackled by a professional. If you try to clean it improperly, the mold could spread and make matters worse.
Contact The Philadelphia Mold Damage Remediation Company Who Cares
At Triage Restoration, we take restoring your home seriously. That’s why as a trusted company for mold remediation in Philadelphia, we’re on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year.
Our services don’t just end with mold. We also do fire, water and smoke damage restoration in Philadelphia as well. So call us today at 215-399-9590 to get the high-quality emergency restoration services you deserve!