Photo Credit: SmartSign
Not many people take fire prevention tips and precautions seriously. It’s only in the midst of chaos and distress when we wish we had taken safety measures to prevent this disaster. Take action now, and keep you, your family, and your home safe! And in the unfortunate event that a fire does take place, make sure you have a trusted Philadelphia fire damage restoration company to take care of the aftermath.
First and foremost, to prevent fires from occurring in your home, you’re going to need to remove fire hazards. That means:
- Don’t overload your circuits.
- Don’t run extension cords behind curtains or rugs.
- Store all flammable materials away from heat.
- Don’t let trash accumulate in your attic, garage, or basement.
- Keep space heaters away from anything flammable.
- Use circuit breakers, fuses, and appliances with UL (underwriters laboratory) seal only.
Now that you’ve removed the fire hazards, it’s time to get prepared. Make sure you:
- Sit your family or housemates down and discuss a fire escape plan, and practice it, so everyone is on the same page.
- Install smoke alarms inside bedrooms, outside sleeping areas, and on every level of your home.
- Test out your smoke alarms once a month, and change the batteries as needed.
Without a doubt, fully-functioning smoke alarms and well-executed fire escape plans save lives. If you have a fire extinguisher, you should consider contacting your fire department to discuss training, as you should only use a fire extinguisher if you know exactly how to use it. Our last and most important advice to give you is: if your home catches fire, get out, stay out, and call for help immediately. Keeping you and your family safe is all that matters!
If the misfortune of a fire strikes your home, contact Triage Property Restoration for the best fire damage restoration in Philadelphia. Our services include soot removal, smoke odor removal, structural repair, and professional deodorization. Fire damage can be tragic, but it doesn’t have to be permanent. Choose the fire damage restoration Philadelphia homeowners rely on for proper care plans. Don’t wait! When we act fast, we can save more of your home. Call us at (215)-399-9590, or email us at: email@example.com for more information about our quality services.