Reminding yourself of the obvious and not-so-obvious ways a fire can spark is one of the best prevention methods. Many of us had fire safety classes long ago in school, but as the years go on, it’s easy to forget that even something as simple as heating your home can be risky if you’re not careful.
Triage Restoration is a fire damage remediation company in Philadelphia that’s been providing emergency restoration services for homes and businesses for years. We want to help you stay safe this spring, so in this blog we’ll remind you of some common fire risks.
House fires are the third most common cause of accidental deaths at home. That’s why Philadelphia’s most experienced fire damage cleanup company will help you learn how to stay safe:
- Cooking – Cooking (especially stove-top cooking) is the leading cause of house fires. Often, fires occur when people put something on the stove, get distracted and forget about it. Keep an eye on your hot cookware at all times and turn off the stove, even if you’re just stepping away for a moment.
- Smoking – Smoking is the leading cause of deaths from house fires. All it takes is one burning cigarette coming into contact with a flammable surface, such as a couch, for disaster to strike. The best solution is just to keep the smoking outside.
- Heating – Heating becomes a big concern in the winter, when people bring out space heaters but don’t give them enough space. If you’re using a heating device, provide at least 3 feet of free space around it in all directions.
- Candles – Open flame is a common source of house fires. Be sure to keep candles lit only for short periods of time and never leave them unattended. Consider switching to battery-operated candles as a safer option.
- Electrical – Frayed wires or deteriorating cords can spark a blaze within your walls. Have a professional check up on your electrical systems regularly to avoid disaster.
Contact This Philadelphia Fire Damage Remediation Company Today!
It’s certainly important to make fire safety rules second nature, but there are times when accidents still may happen. If disaster strikes, Triage Restoration will be right by your side.
Triage is the Philadelphia fire damage restoration company whose certified technicians work quickly and effectively to restore your home to the best of our ability. Our fire emergency restoration services are offered 24/7, 365 days a year. So call us today at 215-399-9690 and find out how our standardization care plans can benefit your home.